not yet started
Léon-Auguste Ottin (1836-1918)
Léon-Auguste Ottin only joined the 1st and 2nd ‘impressionist’ exposition:
- At the 1st ‘impressionist’ exposition in 1874 Léon-Auguste Ottin showed 7 works (catalogue numbers xx) (R2,p122)
- At the 2nd ‘impressionist’ exposition in 1876 Léon-Auguste Ottin showed 22 works (catalogue numbers xx) (R2,pxx). He was called ‘Ottin fils’ (the son of Ottin).
- See link for an -/-account.
Short biography on Léon-Auguste Ottin:
- 1836/10/30: born in Paris
His father was the artist/sculptor Auguste-Louis-Marie Ottin (1811-90)
His mother Suzanne Élisabeth Arsandaux (1814-90) (aR3)
- 1869/12/16: married with Catherine Ernst (1843-?) (aR3)
- 1870: his son Henri-Léon was born; he died in 1960 (aR3)
- 1877: his daughter Juliette Andrée was born; date of death is unknown (aR3)
- 1918/06/06: Léon-Auguste Ottin died in Neuilly-sur-Marne (93, Seine Saint-Denis) (aR3)
My main sources are Moffett (1986, R2), Walther (2013, R3), Denvir (1993, R5) and xx. For other general references (=R) see. My main sources (for the pictures) from the internet are Wikimedia (iR6) and xx. For other references to internet sites (=iR) see. For other additional references (=aR) see below. See links for practical hints and abbreviations and for the subscription of the paintings.
- Vanished French Impressionist 9 (article of the eclecticlight on LA Ottin and others;=iR35)
- www.Lempertz.com (auctionhaus with a work of LA Ottin)
- gw.Geneanet.org (family tree of Léon Auguste Ottin; =iR79)
- Daguerre.fr (auctionhouse with a work of LA Ottin)
- www.akg-images.com (info on stained glass of LA Ottin)
- Joconde (images and music partitures by LA Ottin; =iR23)