Meeting and painting together
- Argenteuil is a small village 11km west of Paris at the right / north side of the Seine. Opposite of it lies Petit-Gennevilliers.
- End 1871 Monet came to live here (address unknown)
- Between October 1874 and early 1878 he lived in a second house:
5, Boulevard Saint-Denis (now: 21, Boulevard Karl-Marx, Argenteuil) (R22,CR406).
- Manet, Renoir, Caillebotte and Sisley often came over and painted their. It’s nice to compare their paintings.
- In 1878 Monet left again for Vétheuil.
- For the sources see general references . For the subscriptions of the paintings see . Most of the pictures are from the-athenaeum.org (=iR2). For other references to internet pages (=iR) see.
Interieur of Monet’s second house:
The house and garden of Monet’s first house by Monet and Renoir:
The Monet family by Monet, Manet and Renoir:
Surroundings of the first house, the duck pond:
Sailing boats on the Seine near Argenteuil:
Streets in Argenteuil:
Winter in Argenteuil: