Was the artist part of
the impressionist art-movement?
When was an artist part of the impressionist art-movement? For an affirmatieve answer the most of the selective questions here below have to be answered with yes. For answers concerning the individual artists see their descriptions and also the descriptions of the related painters . For more information and answers to the questions click on the links. For info on the impressionist painting style see.
- Wanted the artist to be independent of the jury of the Paris Salon?
- Was the artist co-founder of the Société Anonyme…?
- Did the artist participate in most of the eight ‘impressionist’ expositions?
- Was the artist active in the preparations and organizing of the expositions?
- Did the artist frequently meet and paint with the other impressionists?
- Did the artist belong to one of the circles of friends that formed the impressionist art-movement?
- Who were the main artists belonging to the impressionist art-movement according to contemporaries?