Impressionism: a historical reconstruction
When was an artist part of the impressionist art-movement? For an affirmatieve answer the most of the selective questions here below have to be answered with yes. For answers concerning the individual artists see their descriptions and (later on also the descriptions of the related painters ). For more information and answers to the questions click on the links. (Note: the orange links are not yet public.) See the link for info on Impressionism as a painting style.
- Did the artist want to be independent of the jury of the Paris Salon?
- Was the artist co-founder of the Société Anonyme d’Artistes…?
- Did the artist participate in most of the eight ‘impressionist’ expositions?
- Was the artist active in the preparations and organizing of the expositions?
- Did the artist frequently meet and paint with the other impressionists?
- Did the artist belong to one of the circles of friends that formed the impressionist art-movement?
- Who were the main artists belonging to the impressionist art-movement according to contemporaries?
Recommanded citation: “Impressionism, an art-movement”. Last modified 2021/08/20. https://www.impressionism.nl/impressionism-an-art-movement/.