not yet started
Paul Gauguin (1848-1903)
Gauguin joined the ‘impressionist’ expositions in 1879, 1880, 1881, 1882 and 1886:
- Gauguin joined the 4th ‘impressionist’ exposition in 1879 within being mentioned in the catalogue (=hc). He probably showed at least 3 art-works. (R2,p271+248)
- At the 5th ‘impressionist’ exposition in 1880 Gauguin showed 8 works (catalogue numbers 55-62) (R2,p311)
- At the 6th ‘impressionist’ exposition in 1881 Gauguin showed 10 works (catalogue numbers 30-39) (R2,p354)
- At the 7th ‘impressionist’ exposition in 1882 Gauguin showed 13 works (catalogue numbers 18-30) (R2,p394)
- At the 8th ‘impressionist’ exposition in 1886 Forain showed 19+1=20 works (catalogue numbers 42-60+hc) (R2,p444/5)
- See link for his -/-art-works.
- See link for an -/-account.
My main sources are Moffett (R2), Walther (R3), Denvir (R5) and xx. For other general references (=R) see. My main sources (for the pictures) from the internet are Wikimedia (iR6) and xx. For other references to internet sites (=iR) see. For other additional references (=aR) see below. See links for practical hints and abbreviations and for the subscription of the paintings.